Sunday, March 12, 2017

Day 1, The Arrival

Before I write more about arriving in Dublin, I'll write few lines about what this blog is about. I just (yesterday) moved from Helsinki, Finland to Dublin, Ireland. I hope to write this blog daily or weekly with my updates. This will not be a travel wiki, this is just what I did and what happened to me.

Arrival at Dublin Airport & Getting to the Center 
It's same as other airports. Not big as Heathrow airport, but organized and easy enough to get you from airplane to the taxi/bus outside. In my case, I came with 6 pieces of luggage. I did not want to carry them by bus. So I took a taxi from airport to the city center (actually to Dublin 8) where my accommodation was booked. The taxi price was €21 which is reasonable compared to Finnish taxi prices. 

Eating out and Buying Groceries 
My flight to Dublin took more than 8 hours, including the transits. When I arrived around 6 pm at my house I was tired. I just walked to the street and found a traditional fish and chips place called The Fryery. The food was cooked after ordering, and everything was freshly made. According to the Finnish heath standards, food is really oily, which means they taste good!

Then I walked around and found a Tesco. It's small/average size grocery shop with things you mostly need (For Finns it's like Alepa, and for Sri Lankans, it's like Cargills) . Pricing was not the cheapest. I did not see any brown/black bread in the market. For Finns and for a person who lived there long enough rye bread and dark bread is a big part of life. Even Finland picked rye bread as their national food.


No comments:

Post a Comment