Sunday, March 12, 2017

Day 2, Wonder Around

Breakfast & Lunch
After a good amount of sleeping, I made some breakfast for myself using this stuff I bought from Tesco yesterday. The day was sunny and warm. I took a walk from where I live to the center.



I had few items on my list as to do. It was to get some phone connection with Internet and to get a bus card. While I was walking towards the center, I got into small by the road just to see some open space. Which finally lead me to a nice small restaurant called Third Space, Smithfield Cafe & Social Space. Where I found a very cozy environment with quite nice food.



Phone Connection
The advice I got from a person who knows around was to go to Grafton Street and look for phone shops. Everyone in Dublin knows this place. So it's very easy to find. If you have already been shopping that's exactly the same street I'm talking about here. Then the first phone shop I saw was a Vodafone shop. I just wanted to buy a temporary connection until I get my bank account and PSS numbers sorted out. Vodafone shop was good enough to get me connected within 10 mins. As for the prepaid package, it was €20 for 5GB data and whatever number of calls within the network. I had to pay €30 as extra 10 for the sim card, which you get as balance later. 

Bus Card
Buying this card will save 20% of your bus fair and more importantly you don't need to carry money in cash with you to the bus. You can also rent out city bikes, which I haven't tried yet. The bus cards were sold in grocery shops called Spar. You just need to ask the cashier to give you a new card and top up with some money. I think there is a possibility of the seasonal card, which I don't have much idea of yet. The card is called leap card.

Temple Bar
This is not a single bar. It's an area in Dublin. In that area, you can find a lot of pubs with music and jammed packed people (not at day time). Here are some photos of The Temple Bar, and some fake one






No comments:

Post a Comment